The new IBEW 120 Training Center was opened in 2019 and has been conducting safety and skills training for all members.
The Training Center includes
- 3 CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) certified Weld Cells, with All position Arc Welding and Tig weld Aluminum or Stainless training offered
- 9 Woodstuded booths for practical wiring training, which includes a steel stud section for BX and box mounting, plywood section for conduit work, open wall section for residential wiring, building automation & fire alarm sections with a 208/120V panel for tie in.
- Conduit bending area with wood floor, offering 1/2″ all the way up to 4″ bending on all types of benders from hand bending, clock bender, side winder and a 4 inch table bender.
- Table Threader and cutter for ridge steel and aluminum conduit.
- Arc-Flash Awareness & Training
- Lock out & Tag out section
- Metering station with untagged, same colour wires to simulate circuit identification in the field.
- 12 Basic circuit wiring board that teach switch and receptacle wiring, with 3 and 4 way switching.
- Scissor lift